Saturday, September 22, 2007

Another entry without a real topic

It's been a long, long time since I last blogged! Hmm.. what has happened since? It's been a stressful September for me... This month is truly hell month! Long tests are scheduled one after the other, homework and papers keep piling up, and oral reports are springing up here and there. In the past few weeks, sleep has become a mere privilege. The consecutive nights with Accounting and Stat long tests were probably the most academically challenging two days of my life. These exams were literally mind-numbing! It reached a point where I began to question my intellect and my chosen course. Academics aside, what have I been up to this month? Well, it's been interesting. Last Saturday, I watched a musical at the Kaisa about Chinoys. It was a brilliant and inspiring performance, and the message is effectively carried across by the fusion of different genres from comedy to drama. The story highlighted the sacrifices endured and the eventual contributions achieved by the Chinese in the Philippines. After watching the play, it made me real proud to have Chinese blood in me.

Just a few hours ago, we rushed to Saint Jude to attend the Gary V. concert celebrating the Alumni Homecoming. His performance was a blast! The show was magnificent! He brought out the entire arsenal - 70s and 80s songs, modern dance music, romantic ballads, and spiritual melodies. His voice was amazing, and the dance moves were slick. It was so touching since it brought the Saint Jude community of all batches together as one singing, rocking crowd. After watching, I was so inspired to sing, but still not inspired enough to dance, haha.

I walked around my school, and it felt so special and poignant. Every nook and cranny was filled with memories. Every step I took made me relive my thirteen years there. As I walked along the hallways, I could almost hear the loud chattering and boisterous laughter I once shared there with my batchmates. As I looked around the school buildings, I smiled and reminisced all the friendship and laughter, tears and hardships, fun and mischief I experienced in SJCS. It tugged my heart to know that those fond memories will forever just stay as memories. I left my childhood in Saint Jude. Then, with a resolute affirmation in my heart, I promised myself, "Yes, someday I want to give something back to the school that has given me so much." That woke me up from my deep state of nostalgia and I remembered, now I have memories to create and live. With this, I hope to someday look back at college life with the same fondness and longing as I had with my home of thirteen years.

Okay, enough of that. First sem is drawing to a close. I am torn between wanting sembreak and not wanting the s1st em to end yet. This sem has been a blast - I met a lot of new great friends, studied under inspiring teachers, and enjoyed college life as never before. But somehow, I feel that I haven't learned enough yet. It feels bitin but I don't know why. Hopefully, all these can be resolved in the next two weeks.

Tomorrow is the Ateneo-UST game! A do-or-die match between two equally strong teams! I'm so glad my friend bought me a ticket. It's win or go home for the Blue Eagles so they really have to give their all-out effort in the game. I wish that we could pull off another miracle again and proceed to the next round with La Salle. One big fight!

No comments: