Sunday, August 26, 2007

Interesting Days

The last two days have been interesting. Yesterday, Dad and I went to Gilmore to buy a wide-screen LCD monitor for the office. I also convinced him to buy a Nvidia 256 MB video card. (For new games :)) The moment I arrived home, I ran to the TV and indulged in the Ateneo-FEU game. Ateneo finally broke its losing streak (thanks to brilliant performances from Tiu and Arao) and is still very much in contention for a Final Four slot. Still feeling exhilarated, I then went off to my first experience with tinkering and upgrading computer hardware. After a few hours of struggle, I succeeded! I celebrated by watching Death Note, my current anime guilty pleasure. It's so dark and serious and not like other anime at all, but the story is just so creative and compelling. Later in the night, I let my imagination whisk me away to its limits, dreaming up some story ideas. Oh it's the best feeling in the world!

Today I was off to even more excitement. I was with my aunt the whole day as my parents went with brothers to Saint Jude's first-ever Family Day. Uncle, Aunt, cousin, and I first went to St. Peter for a baptismal ceremony. It was rather dragging with the rituals and everything, and Fil 14 discussions strangely kept on popping out in my head. When it ended, we proceeded to Kaisa Heritage Center to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the Chinoy org. I met numerous prominent people there, all cordial in spite of their high status. We listened to a talk by marketing expert Josiah Go about Blue-Ocean strategy (a new business concept), and it was very interesting and highly relevant, especially to my course. Mom and Dad picked me up from there to proceed to Divisoria Mall. Following a purchase of a cheap made-in-China DVD player, we headed straight home for a DVD marathon of Evan Almighty, Meet the Robinsons, and The Illusionist. Entertaining and stimulating movies, all three.

Tomorrow, our family will go to the temple to commemorate the Chinese Month of the Dead. I also plan to finish Coraline and then get over the boatload of pending schoolwork. Then, I still have to go to a toystore for Psych. Too much to do, too little time.

1 comment:

Cheenee said...

Of course, Death Note is super interesting :) Uy, I just commented now kahit matagal ko na tong nabasa. Hehe. :P

Kasi naghihintay ako ng bagong post. Hay. Magsulat ka paaaa. :)