Friday, July 20, 2007

Nothing in Particular

***
Yey! We just upgraded our computer. I'm so happy! It is now equipped with a 1.8 Ghz Core Duo Processor. Not top-of-the-line, but more than enough for our needs. It also has a new motherboard and power supply. Best of all, it now sports a whopping 2 GB of RAM! Haha goodbye to all those lags and screen freezes. Now, if only we could upgrade to our monitor to that glorious 17-inch LCD screen, then our computer would be perfect.


***
A few hours from now, my two-year wait will come to an end. I will be rushing to National Bookstore to experience THE magic moment. The final tome of Harry Potter will be in my hands! Mwahaha! I will finally see how J.K. Rowling ends this most spellbinding of books, this most enchanting of literary pleasures. Nothing in the world could beat the fun of tearing up the plastic wrapper of the freshly-printed book, taking in the pleasant aroma of printed words on parchment, and then curling up on a sofa to enter a magical realm and get lost in the fantasy world of Harry Potter. I'm so intrigued at how this book is going to tie up the loose ends of the previous six, how the battle between Harry and Voldemort is going to turn out, and whether the book will live up to the hype of fastest-selling book of all time.


***
Just had our Stat Long Test. I took it under Standard (noooo, goodbye to my short-lived stay in H) and guess what, I still found the exam difficult. Maybe I did not prepare enough, or I was too slow in answering, or I took Stat for granted but I really felt bad as I was taking the test. In fact, accounting LT even felt better since I was able to keep writing then. With this test, I felt like some problems clogged the analytical channels of the brain then wiped out all mathematical and logical thought inside.

Oh, first it was fall from H. Now it's possibly getting a low score on the standard test. Why can't I maintain a high standard for myself? Why can't I maintain anything? Everything about me seems to be so inconsistent. If I continue to be like this, I won't ever amount to anything... I wonder if I will ever become a responsible, organized, and disciplined student. I shifted to Mgt-H for that. Please let it not be in vain.


***
Okay, time to let go of self-incriminating thoughts and back to my quiet, happy, and pondering old self. Hmm... I have so much to do this weekend: Read Harry Potter. Watch Desperate Housewives Season Two. Watch the anime recommended by Jackie. Play NBA 2K7 with my shoti. Watch our DVDs - Finding Neverland, Music and Lyrics, and the others. Go to Grace Gospel for fellowship. Play basketball with neighbors. Go out on Sunday and buy something. Go to Mass and thank God for everything. Oh, and do the usual towering pile of homework and papers with the time I will have left after finishing all the things mentioned above.

Five and a half hours until Book Seven Time... Until the next post! :)

No comments: